Friday, August 1, 2014

Case Study No. 1482: Librarian Mate

"Librarian Mate" Damien Garford feat. Richard Fysh
3:28
A new music video about the benefits of having a mate that works in a library. Set to the tune of "Liberian Girl".

While I realise the music used is subject to copyright, no profit is being made from this video. Please see this as free publicity for the original track "Liberian Girl" from Michael Jackson's album "Bad" (maybe that way youtube won't delete the audio). Also thanks to "Forcestudios" (find them on youtube) for the karaoke version used as the backing track to this video.
Tags: Michael Jackson Damien Garford Richard Fysh Liberian Girl Librarian Mate Funny Collegehumor
Added: 2 years ago
From: friedfysh
Views: 756

[scene opens outside of the Nottingham Central Library & Contact Centre]
PATRON: [in voice over] Onomatopoeia, onomatopoeia, put your pens away ...
[cut to inside of the library, where a male patron is walking through the stacks while singing to the camera]
PATRON: Librarian mate, you're working from twelve til eight, every Saturday!
[cut to another part of the library, where a young male librarian (bald, goatee, short-sleeve shirt) is sitting at a desk, when the patron sits down next to him and hands him a stack of books]
PATRON: Librarian mate, you don't ever make me wait ... Get served straight away!
[cut to the patron walking through the stacks]
PATRON: Librarian mate! The reference-only section's not that great ... But you'll lend them to me.
[cut to the patron holding some DVDs ("Michael Jackson's This Is It", "Desperate Houswives", "The Proposal") in his hands]
PATRON: DVDs and magazines ...
[cut to the patron standing in the hallway next to a vending machine]
PATRON: Coca Cola drinks machine, everything I need for free ...
[cut back to the patron in the stacks]
PATRON: I love you, librarian mate!
[cut to the librarian walking through the stacks, checking the books on the shelves]
PATRON: [in voice over] Oh, ayyyy ...
[cut back to the patron walking through the library]
PATRON: Librarian mate, a dictionary incarnate ... Like Google to me!
[cut to the librarian holding open a book, as the patron looks over his shoulder]
PATRON: Librarian mate ... My knowledge, you satiate. You do this for free!
[cut back to the patron in the stacks]
PATRON: Librarian mate ...
[cut to the patron standing outside of Waterstone's Booksellers]
PATRON: Waterstone's!
[cut to the patron standing outside of another bookstore called The Works]
PATRON: The Works!
[cut to a closeup of the patron outside of The Works, as he picks up a book from one of the outdoor displays and shakes his head]
PATRON: Those shops, I don't rate!
[cut back to the patron standing outside of Waterstone's, as he wags his finger to the camera]
PATRON: They don't do it for me ...
[cut to the patron standing outside of another bookstore called WHSmith]
PATRON: WH Smith's not the scene!
[cut to the patron standing inside an unidentified store, where an "XXX magazines" display is clearly visible behind him]
PATRON: The adult shop's obscene!
[cut to the patron exiting an elevator inside the library]
PATRON: I like to keep it clean ... I love you, librarian mate!
[cut to a shot of various DVDs displayed inside the library]
PATRON: [in voice over] Ooh oooh, baby ...
[cut to the patron holding up a dictionary, and pointing to the first page of the "I" section]
PATRON: Ayyyy!
[cut to the librarian opening a drawer in the card catalog, when the patron walks up and shows him a piece of paper]
PATRON: Librarian mate, I know that you'd let me return books late!
[cut to the patron in another part of the library]
PATRON: Without any late fees ...
[cut to a closeup of the library's return desk ("Nottingham City Libraries, Books DVDs CDs")]
PATRON: When I took my books from you ...
[cut back to the patron walking through the library]
PATRON: They were all but overdue!
[cut back to the librarian in the stacks]
PATRON: [in voice over] For all this I thank you ...
[cut back to the patron in the stacks]
PATRON: I love you, librarian mate!
[cut to the librarian rearranging a bookcart]
PATRON: [in voice over] All the time!
[cut back to the patron in the stacks]
PATRON: I love you, librarian mate! All the time! I love you, librarian mate!
[cut to the librarian reshelving books]
PATRON: [in voice over] All the time!
[cut to a closeup of the word "onomatopoeia" in the dictionary]
PATRON: [in voice over] I love you, librarian mate! All the time ...
[cut to a shot of the patron walking around the stacks]
PATRON: [in voice over] I love you, baby! I love you, baby! I love your books, your magazines! Your dictionaries, your thesauri! Your DVDs! DVDs, and the Coca Cola drinks machine! Awww ...

---

From kissthisguy.com:

Misheard Lyrics:
(onomatopoeia, onomatopoeia, pens aware)
Librarian girl...
You came and changed
My world

Real Lyrics:
(naku penda piya-naku taka
Piya-mpenziwe)
(I love you too-i want you
Too-my love)
Liberian girl . . .
You came and you changed
My world

Artist: Michael Jackson
Song: Liberian Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment