World of Warcraft commercial parody - Belf Librarian
Lysistrata is a Blood Elf Hunter. She is also a librarian. This video is a parody of the popular Mr T. and Shatner commercials, made by a Warcraft Blood Elf about her alternate life in the library...
Tags: commercials video game world of warcraft lissa staley tscpl topeka library
Added: 4 years ago
[scene opens with footage from the "World of Warcraft" video game, as a female Blood Elf Hunter waves to the camera]
LYSISTRATA: Hello, I'm a blood-elf hunter, and I'm a librarian ...
[cut to the Blood Elf Hunter standing next to a rotating bookshelf]
LYSISTRATA: I track down answers and provide portals to information.
[cut to the Blood Elf Hunter standing in another part of her library]
LYSISTRATA: You may be wondering "Hey Lysistrata, how do you know if the library has a particular book?"
[cut to "real world" footage of a female librarian typing at a computer and pointing to the screen, then back to the Blood Elf Hunter]
LYSISTRATA: "How do you find that book on the shelf?"
[cut back to the female librarian grabbing a book from the stacks, then back to the Blood Elf Hunter]
LYSISTRATA: You might ask "How do I correctly cite my research?"
[cut back to the female librarian showing a copy of "The MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers" to the camera, then back to the Blood Elf Hunter riding a winged mount]
LYSISTRATA: "Where do I find the answers?"
[cut back to the female librarian grabbing another book off the shelf, then back to the Blood Elf Hunter]
LYSISTRATA: Visit your local library, and you can find the facts and fictions you desire!
[cut to the female librarian sitting at a desk and speaking into the phone]
LISSA STALEY: Reference, this is Lissa, can I help you?
[cut back to the Blood Elf Hunter]
LYSISTRATA: I'm a Blood Elf, and I'm a librarian. What's your game?
[cut to the Blood Elf Hunter dancing around a pond]
LYSISTRATA: America's libraries, the number one info resource! Try it for free at tscpl dot org ... Rated "E" for "Everyone"!
World of Warcraft commercial parody
Blood Elf Hunter ... Lysistrata (Perenolde)
Librarian ... Lissa Staley
Check it out ... www dot tscpl dot org
horde for life ... ya
Lissa Staley, a librarian at Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library in Topeka, Kansas posted this cute YouTube video.
From American Libraries Direct, the enewsletter of the ALA, January 9, 2008, "Using her avatar of Lysistrata, Blood Elf Hunter, Staley explains that you can 'find the facts and fiction you desire' at the library ... "
The video was created for the Topeka and Shawnee County Public Library in Topeka, Kansas.
A library is a large room or building filled with books. A community with a library may be known as a library community. The community has access to a large collection of books, scrolls and other written material. Scholars and mages are seen coming and going, gathering information to help with their personal research; members of the community educate one another on various topics. Community members are knowledgeable about researching information in the library's archives.
There are numerous such locations in the Warcraft universe:
* Athenaeum, the library wing of Scarlet Monastery.
* The Athenaeum, the library section of Dire Maul. This is where the Shen'dralar remain in seclusion, storing lost knowledge in the multitude of shelves in the large room.
* The Library, the library maintained by the Explorers' League in Ironforge. The librarian here is the female dwarf Mae Paledust, a level 30 quest giver.
* Royal Library, the library in Stormwind Keep. This structure is very large, but the head librarian, Milton Sheaf, knows each shelf like it was his own son.
* Library Wing, the library wing of Northshire Abbey. Here you can find Brother Paxton, caretaker of the Northshire library and a level 27 quest giver.
* Library Wing, the library wing of Tyr's Hand Abbey.
* Library Wing, the library wing of the New Hearthglen Abbey.
* Guardian's Library, the library of Karazhan.
* Seer's Library, the library of the Scryers on the Scryer's Tier.
* Inventor's Library, the library used by Mimir. The library is currently being guarded by mechagnomes.
* Izal-Shurah, the library of Suramar.