Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull Walkthrough
Shortly after moving into a creepy mansion in Louisiana, Sara Lawson is struck with tragedy when her husband mysteriously disappears. Sara's daughter, Magnolia, believes her father was kidnapped by the ghost of a vengeful pirate seeking to protect his lost fortune. With the locals terrified of the pirate's curse, you are the family's last hope. Only a Master Detective with incredible Hidden Object skills can locate Marcus Lawson in Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull!
Tags: mystery case files 13th skull mystery case files 13th skull mcf game walkthrough hd
Added: 3 years ago
[the player enters the "Tater's Drink & Swaller" bar, then clicks on the young male librarian (brown hair, muttonchops, brown sweater, checkered undershirt) sitting at one of the tables]
VINTON: Well, afternoon stranger. Name's Vinton. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I work over at the library in Raceland. Now, normally I'd be over there updating the card catalogs right about now, but I heard it was Ladies Night tonight. So I figured I'd wander on down to the Swaller, see if I could bag me a honey.
[he makes a growling noise]
VINTON: Why don't you sit down, keep me company?
[the player selects "Missing Man"]
VINTON: I have no idea who you're talking about ... Shouldn't tracking people down be the sheriff's business?
VINTON: Unless that fella owes you money ... Is that it? You a gambler, stranger?
[the player selects "Town History"]
VINTON: Listen, after a few drinks I tend to forget my own history, let alone that of this here neighborhood. Besides, the information you're looking for is from quite a while back.
[he paues, then leans in closer]
VINTON: Tell ya what though, Gambler ... you beat me at a game of checkers, and I'll have someone look up the history of that house that fella just moved in to.
[the player selects "Play Vinton in Checkers", then cut to a closeup of a checkerboard as the pieces begin to move]
VINTON: [from off camera] Take that!
[the player eventually wins the game]
VINTON: [from off camera] Aw, dangit!
[cut back to the bar]
VINTON: Aww, dang it all! Well done, stranger, you done bested me at my own game ... Tell ya what, gimmee a few minutes and I'll call my friend over at the library. Lemmee see what kinda historical information we can dig up on that there house of yours. I'll have him fax over whatever he finds.
[he looks around]
VINTON: Now get lost! Yer hurtin' my chances ...
"Mystery Case Files: 13th Skull" is an adventure-puzzle casual game developed by Big Fish Studios and distributed by Big Fish Games. It is the seventh installment in the "Mystery Case Files" series. The game is available exclusively on the Big Fish Games website.
Shortly after moving into a mansion in Louisiana, tragedy befalls Sara Lawson and her daughter after her husband, Marcus Lawson, mysteriously disappears. Sara contacts you, the Detective, to search for her husband and discover the secret of the 13th Skull.
Before Marcus was kidnapped, he became obsessed with the curse and the treasure after finding a map of the estate. His daughter Magnolia believes her father was kidnapped by the ghost of a vengeful pirate named Captain Phineas Crown, seeking to protect his lost fortune and stop those who try to find it. With the locals all talking about the curse of the 13th Skull and their belief that Crown lived in the mansion and buried his treasure there, Sara despairs of finding her husband.
Later in the game, the Detective discovers that the couple's real names are Alice and Dennis Blanston, and the husband was never really kidnapped. Rather, it was all a ploy to use the Detective's skills to discover Captain Crown's hidden treasure. After all the revelations about the Blanstons, Dennis aims a gun at the player while he or she solves puzzles to find the skulls that are key to unlocking the Pirate's fortune. Finally, the pirate ship where the treasure is hidden suddenly rises out of the swamp, and the ghost of Captain Crown appears and washes the entire Blanston family away.
In the end, Captain Crown was destroyed when all the skulls were positioned together with the crew's bodies. The Collector's Edition of the game will reveal hints for the next installment of the series.
This is the third Mystery Case Files series to feature a live-action cast after Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst and Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove. Unlike Dire Grove, where you watch videos of the missing students, and Return to Ravenhearst, where characters speak to you, in 13th Skull the characters are set in a painted scene where the players can talk to them and ask various questions about the case. These characters are:
* Alice Blanston a.k.a. Sara Lawson (Heather Poulsen) Magnolia's mother and Dennis' wife. She is a criminal along with Dennis and one of the antagonists alongside her husband.
* Dennis Blanston a.k.a. Marcus Joel Lawson and the Mysterious Stranger (Brandon Pette) Magnolia's father and Alice's husband. A criminal along with Alice and one of the antagonists alongside his wife.
* Magnolia Blanston a.k.a. Magnolia Lawson (Sophia Schloss) Alice's and Dennis' daughter.
* Mary Lee (Linda Jensen) The Blanston's/Lawson's manor cleaning lady and Lewis' wife.
* Lewis Lee (Bruce Weech) The Blanston's/Lawson's manor groundskeeper and Mary's husband.
* Travis "Cooter" Landry (Russell Hodgkinson) Blanston's/Lawson's neighbor and Charlotte's husband, he is the epitome of a redneck and will shoot at uninvited guests.
* Charlotte Landry (Devin Rodger) Blanston's/Lawson's neighbor and Cooter's wife, she has firm grip over Cooter and owns a doll collection.
* Momma Aimee (Karen Tucker) The Town's known voodoo priestess and Voodoo Absolute's owner.
* Vinton (Steven Shields) The Town's Librarian from Raceland, he is vital in helping Master Detective with the newly arrived neighbors.
* The Bartender (Talena Bennett) Bartender of the 'Tater's Drink and Swaller' she is an expert of the surrounding swamps and knows the way. (According to phone numbers in the Swaller's office, her name could be Melba, Kookie, or Delphine.)
* Ashwin Poncer a.k.a. Phineas Crown / Captain Crown (Michael Ramquist) An evil ghost pirate and the main antagonist of the game. He's Grace O'Malley's husband.
* Pippi (Phil Boldman) The Blanston's/Lawson's pet dog.
Click down twice and head towards the Tavern. Go into the Tavern.
Talk to Vinton and exhaust all conversation options.
Click on the chessboard in front of Vinton to trigger a mini-game.
The same rules of checkers apply to this mini-game. Beat your opponent by eliminating all his pieces.
Your chips are red and Vinton’s chips are black. Pieces can move one space forward diagonally.
Try to keep the pieces in the back row as long as possible to keep Vinton from crowning his pieces.
Your chips will be crowned as soon as your reach the back row in Vincent’s side of the board. Crowned pieces can jump diagonally, backwards, and forward.
Try to have more crowned pieces than Vinton so towards the end of the game you can corner him and get rid of his pieces.
Return to the Master Bedroom in the Mansion.
Talk to Mary Lee and exhaust all conversation possibilities.
Exit the Master Bedroom.
Take the HOTDOG (Q) on the chair.
Move to the Right Hallway; take the WATERMELON RIND (R) on the ground.
Go to the Music Room; take the FROZEN DINNER (S) by the books on the floor.
Head left into the Den; take the PIECE OF PIE (T) on the floor.
Zoom into the fax machine; click on the fax regarding the deed of ownership ("It looks like the manor was built by a fellow named Ashwin Poncer"). Note the date of birth ("June 17th, 1805").