Become a librarian.
Entstanden im Modul "Mediendesign und -herstellung" an der HTWK Leipzig / 2010.
Dozent: Dale Askey
Tags: HTWK Leipzig Bibliothek library Park Buch Bucher Clara-Zetkin time lapse
Added: 3 years ago
[scene opens with two metal bookshelves sitting out in an open field, as a young woman (picking flowers) walks by]
[cut to a time lapse as it's getting later in the day, then two young men carrying a canoe walk by]
[cut to more time lapse footage, as an older man and woman are reading a couple of the books from the shelves]
[cut to more time lapse footage, as a dog comes running by]
[cut to more time lapse footage, as a group of young children (one of whom falls down before getting back up) runs by the shelves]
[cut to more time lapse footage, as two more dogs run by]
[cut to more time lapse footage, as a young man walking his dog stops and takes a book]
[cut to more time lapse footage, as a young man on a unicycle rides by (grabbing a book from the top of the shelf on his way)]
[cut to more time lapse footage (it's starting to get dark), as a group of people are picking over the books]
[cut to more time lapse footage, as two people make out in front of the shelves (while two other people read their books and smoke)]
[cut to more time lapse footage (it's quite dark now), as a man in a hoodie throws a book back on the shelf (except it misses and falls on the ground)]
[cut to more time lapse footage, as someone from off camera kicks a soccer ball towards the shelves]
[as it gets darker and darker, the scene fades to black, then "Save our books. Become a librarian." appears on screen]
Bibliotheks- und Informationswissenschaft
Musik: Teru - Goodbye War, Hello Peace
July 30, 2010
This is one of my favorite German words, indicating the general slowdown in economic and news activity during the vacation months. Clearly, I am sitting smack in the middle of the "summer hole," not having posted since June. Between the end of the semester here and a fab vacation to France, blogging has taken a back seat.
To fill the hole, here are some links to student video projects from my course last semester on video production for libraries by librarians. There's a playlist with all eight videos:
http://www.youtube.com/ view_play_list? p=3733F4C4166259D4
* Die Superbibliothek (This video was created in summer 2010 in the module "Media Design and Manufacturing")
* Der Bibliothekar - Dein Freund und Helfer (made in the summer term 2010 at the HTWK in module "media design and manufacturing" under the direction of Mr. Dale Askey.)
* Bibliotheken bewegen sich
* martin will doch nur lesen (Created in module "Development of audio-visual media" in the degree in library and information science at the HTWK)
* Pimp My Librarian (produced in the course "Entwicklung audio-visueller Medien" at HTWK Leipzig, 2010)
* You call. We come. (Created in module "media design and production" at the HTWK / 2010.)
* Your local library ... more than books. (Created in module "media design and production" at the HTWK / 2010.)
* Become a Librarian (Created in module "media design and production" at the HTWK / 2010.)
The variety of video techniques and storytelling lines used in these projects amazed me, with each group coming up with something that really surprised me.
Dale Askey - Librarian normally located in Hamilton, Ontario in an academic library, but often found in Germany in the College of Media at the HTWK-Leipzig.