Friday, November 8, 2013

Case Study No. 1105: "Why Librarians Need a Masters Degree"

511 Fall Why Librarians Need a Masters Degree Jessica Parsons
2:48
Short video that displays why librarians need a masters degree in the classic Film Noire style for 511 Introduction to Librarianship by Jessica Parsons
Tags: My First Project librarian
Added: 2 years ago
From: whatever11134
Views: 175

Case 239: The Mystery of ...
A Jessica Parsons Film

Why Librarians Need a Masters Degree
A Jessica Parsons Film

[scene opens with black-and-white footage of a young female librarian (wearing a fedora and trenchcoat) sitting in the library, typing on an iMac]
LIBRARIAN: [in voice over] My mission was to improve society through facilitating knowledge creation in my community, and I took it seriously. I learned early on in my career that with great power comes great responsibility, and I knew that I had to do whatever it took to follow through on my oath to my community. The weapons in my arsenal were powerful, and had to be used carefully.
[a young woman enters the scene]
LIBRARIAN: [in voice over] As soon as she walked in the door, I knew this was going to be a hard case to crack. But luckily, she had come to the right place, for I have been trained to solve just her sort of problem. She was a member of my community in distress, and as such, she deserved my help. But even she didn't know what she was getting into ...
[she takes off her sunglasses]
VERONICA: Hello, my name is Veronica Watson. I'm desperate, and I don't know who else to turn to.
LIBRARIAN: Well, we specialize in cases of that nature, and if I can't help, I'll find someone who can.
VERONICA: I just don't know what to do. I have a petition, signed by my dearest friends and family, but I'm running out of time and ideas.
[she takes out a piece of paper and hands it to the librarian]
VERONICA: Here's the petition.
LIBRARIAN: Well, you're in luck. I think we have the perfect space to hold an art show. We can advertise it on our website, send out flyers, and raise a lotta money.
[she checks her iMac]
LIBRARIAN: And, if I'm not mistaken, I think the Chandler building could be declared a national landmark.
[she types on her iMac]
LIBRARIAN: Well, here's the information on how to get it declared a historical landmark. We'll be having the art show at the library from June First to August First, with a special viewing going on the first night of the opening. There will be refreshments, which we will help coordinate. In addition, there will be a speaker who will provide information on the showcased art and give a brief history on the Chandler building and its importance to the community.
[she hands the woman another piece of paper]
LIBRARIAN: Here's some of the information.
VERONICA: Thank you, it's wonderful! I don't know what I would've done without your help.
LIBRARIAN: In addition, I think I might have some local bands who might put on an additional concert that will raise awareness, if you'd like.
VERONICA: Okay, sounds good!
[a young female student enters the scene]
STUDENT: Excuse me, I have a report on George Washington due tomorrow--
[another woman suddenly enters the scene, slamming her hands down on the librarian's desk and screaming hysterically]
HYSTERICAL WIDOW: My husband just got shot by a mysterious stranger! He had a limp and a scar over his left cheek! What can I do?!
[the librarian turns to the camera and winks, as the screen cuts to black]

Starring

Jessica Parsons
as
The Librarian

Samantha Velez
as
Veronica Watson

Lindsey Velez
as
The Student

Ruby Cuddy
as
The Soon to be Hysterical Widow

No comments:

Post a Comment