Friday, July 24, 2015

Case Study No. 2110: Unnamed Male Librarian (Frontiers)

FRONTIERS Librarian Missing Dialogue
0:16
Librarian doesn't want to talk at one point.
Tags:
Added: 6 months ago
From: OPZapzilla
Views: 6

[scene opens in the library of Guild University, as the player walks up to the elderly male librarian (grey beard, monk's robe and cowl) and selects "Interact"]
LIBRARIAN: What can I do for you?
[the player selects "What is this place?"]
LIBRARIAN: You've been attending the University for some time now. You mean to tell me you've never stepped foot in the Guild Library?
[the player selects "I've been busy"]
[the librarian's dialog box appears empty]
[the player selects "I'd like to order a book"]
LIBRARIAN: Hmm, it doesn't look like you've taken the Guild Library course. You can browse the catalogue, but you'll have to learn that skill before I can allow you to place orders.

---

From explore-frontiers.com:

FRONTIERS blends the feel of first-person RPG classics like Daggerfall with the relaxing tempo and simplicity of a point-and-click adventure. Discover ancient mysteries, live off the land and fight deadly creatures, all in a beautiful, massive open world.

---

From atomicagedog.com:

Guild Library - Grants you access to the Guild's extensive (and well-guarded) library, which is available at any Guild outpost. These libraries contain a wealth of information that can be hard to find elsewhere.

---

From steamcommunity.com:

* tenniscrazy [has FRONTIERS] Dec 8 @ 5:45pm
Unable to order books from the Guild Library
I learn the library skill then go to the catalogue; When I click to order a book it will say "you can't afford to place this order" even though my currency say 13,888. ( the books are 1000-7500)

* TimePointFive [has FRONTIERS] Dec 17 @ 10:51am
After I order a book, I am unable to pick it up as it breaks my Librarian (one dialogue choice will say "yes, here is your book" and give me nothing no matter what, and the other option is always a no). I've tried reloading saves, but all that does is reset the entire library (including deleting any progress of books having been in transit).

Here is my output log
http://pastebin.com/tUZsytjj

* railboy [developer] Dec 17 @ 11:19am
Thank you for the log. I'll remove that conversation option from the Librarian, it's confusing.

The primary way to retrieve books is to interact with the catalogue and browse. If the book has arrived it should be automatically added to your Log when you start browsing. Picking it up from the Librarian was just a secondary option.

No comments:

Post a Comment